Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Being Grateful

Being grateful... that is such an odd word - grateful.  I have always thought it would be better suited to be spelled like 'greatful.  Instead, it sounds like I/we should be full of grate.  I just looked it up online and grate is:

Verb: Reduce (something, esp. food) to small shreds by rubbing it on a grater.
Noun: The recess of a fireplace or furnace.  (Thank you dictionary.com.)

Hmmm... I am not sure I want to reduce the great things in my life, though I certainly could do with less.  Maybe I can see the word as simplifying my day down to one thing that I am grateful for.  One thing that I want to rub on this board. Or one thing that I find recessing in all that is around me.  Something that I can shine a light on.  This board will be an experiment in being grateful, thankful, and just give my life a broader, recognized appreciation for all that goes on around me.

Whew, OK, with all that said, today I am grateful the body repairs itself.  

No comments: