Monday, September 26, 2011

Galleries

I was able to visit the Tim Burton exibition this weekend.  I don't go to galleries enough to suit my wants, so when I do go it is a real treat.  This show was interesting as it hung a lot of Burton's sketchings and notes, along with some of the props from some of the movies he has worked on.  While none of it was 'high art' in my book, they were fun to look at and I can appreciate that LACMA chose to hang the work on their walls for a period of time.  Based on the crowds that were present during my visit, it is easy to see I am not the only person who is interested in seeing the work of a highly successful man.  I guess it just goes to show what  a person can do if he/she has the right drive, at the right time, in the right location, with the right connections... and maybe a little luck.  I am grateful for galleries and that my life allows me enough leisure time that I may attend showings.

No comments: